Saturday, January 15, 2011

It's a Baby Chicken "Art Pancake!"

 I didn't have very much time to create this baby chicken pancake but I did manage to get most of it put together before the kids got home from school and could eat it for snack. 
 This pancake was based off a Christmas ornament I once made but after looking at these photos, I'm not sure it's obvious what it's "suppose" to be. I know, I know, I always say that but with pancakes, it's so true! Hee! Hee! So I better tell you just in case.  It's supposed to be a baby chick in a stork blanket and the rest is just decoration.  I made the purple base round to fit the plate that is underneath it. It was pretty hard to flip the base because it was so big so I'm not sure that was the best idea. Anyhow, could you tell what it was?
This pancake was more challenging than some of my others for a few reasons and I'm honestly not completely happy with the results.  First off, I've been experimenting with pancake mixes and this particular mix I like a lot because it's not as porous as my last one but the colors don't come out as bright (such as the purple background that looks brown). Also, I had saved my pancake pre-mixed up and colored in the squeeze bottles in the refrigerator from the day before and the batter ended up thickening up so I couldn't make any small details. So I learned not to save pancake mix which is a shame really because it does take quite some time mixing up the different colored pancake colors and separating them in the squeeze bottles. Oh well. I'm going to keep trying some other pancake mixes because it's fun to experiment with them. So far I've tried three kinds and I'll let you know my favorite when I find it. I sure hope my kids don't get tired of pancakes because I sure am enjoying making them. 

6 comments:

  1. I like !!!!!
    I would eat it!!
    It must be very tasty.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter saw these pics and asked, "Can WE make pancakes like that???" LOL I'll be busy for awhile! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This baby chick is so cute! I can imagine how much trouble you went through to prepare so many colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments!

    If you do make any art pancakes, I'd love to see them! They are so much fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the nose! I knew what it was right away :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pancakes. Your pancake art makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete